Thursday, January 8, 2015

Greatest Hits 2014

Happy, happy New Year, everyone! Ah 2014. What a year. 2014 was my "transition to adulthood," primarily because it was my first year as a university graduate. It was full of so many incredible opportunities, like, I don't know...moving to a Korea. As I reflect on the past year, I'm amazed by how greatly I've been blessed. I earned my amateur radio operating license, I started practicing yoga, I went through the Westminster Police Department's Citizen's Police Academy, I survived a mysterious ailment that had me stressed out of my mind, I experienced the world's worst job (substitute teaching), and I spent a wonderful amount of time with my beautiful family. Oh, and did I mention that I moved to Korea??

For the past few years, I've had this annual tradition where I make a list of my "greatest hits" for that year. It's a nice way for me to express gratitude for being alive. If any fans of the TV show LOST are reading, this concept may sound familiar.


Yes, this is my inspiration. Charlie Pace writes a list of the five best moments of his life before he faces his fate and greets death as an old friend. I still have my lists from the past two years. It's fun to read which moments I've treasured from each year. 

I could easily write an essay on the significance of each moment but I will save those details for my personal journal ;).

Greatest Hits 2014

#5 The first time I successfully did a headstand
#4 Citizen's Police Academy (Police ride along with Officer Jellin)
#3 August YSA conference
#2 Choosing to live at home
#1 My 24 hour journey to Korea

I'm tempted to give at least a little explanation for each, but I shan't!

Happy New Year, all.

1 comment: